Friday, October 27, 2006

We went to
bed this morning about 2 am. I fell asleep by 2:30am and woke up suddenly at 4am. I figured I might as well get up and put my feet up on the coffee table and watch OPP. Another repeat. I dozed in and out of sleep and I woke up to GT 2 minutes in progress. So I had an hour "sleep" on the couch did the cbi thing in between commercials. Topic today was on Grand Forks in the Kootenay’s. The town is still functioning with just over 4000 people today. I didn’t stay up for the 2nd show so I went to bed at 5:30am and slept until 12:30pm.That gave me a good 9.5 hours sleep. Wow. Now watch, tonight and over night I’ll be wide awake.

Anyway, I’m onto my first coffee

Looks like a nice day out there +6* We’ll be heading off into work at out usual time and I’m off work at 8:30pm (big deal) One things for sure, I’m staying away from those donuts Sat morning.

Also last night I worked on some more scenes for TBC. I was considering changing the title to Zyphrium Rising. That was the title of the first novel I ever tried to write on my little portable typewriter at Cobogo and home in 1986 I believe. So here’s a bit of a short history on me: That was when Chris and I were trying to become writing partners before she got mixed up with Rob Stevens (now dead since 1999.) In 1989 I wrote Meltdown and I still have about 250 pages of that lying around here somewhere on hard copy. I’d need a scanner to scan that back into the computer. “Meltdown” was a convoluted mess anyway that went nowhere. In 1990, I wrote another novel called “Gems at Oriels bridge.” But then I got distracted by Mary. Then in 1991 I got involved in submitting short stories to “Writers of the Future” contest and had a go at that for a couple of years until about 1993. My first story got accepted but never saw print was “Earth Tones.” The magazine was a black and white zine but if the story did appear in print and I had the capability to get it there would have at least if anything stroaked my fragile ego at the time. I was really turned off by the long convoluted contract. Anyway Chrisy and I never did get that writing partnership off the ground. I submitted a story to a market (can’t recall the name) but I got a short scribble from Orson Scott Card, on the rejection letter, which surprised me.

I got mixed up in Amway in 1996 and ruined the next 3 years of my life. My Amway sponsor kept telling me because she was brainwashed herself “You can write when you go diamond.” What a bunch of crap. I was unemployed and she abandoned me in the business in 1999 and I was left on my own. I continued on. In 1998 I got my picture taken and on the front page of the Edmonton Sun newspaper Dec 12th 1998 but that's another story. In 1999 it was more important for me to find work and I ended up with Alberta Job Corp. I put Amway on hold and subsequnetly my writing on hold as well. AJC was little more then a make work project for people on Welfare. My writing stalled. Everything stalled. After that I found employment working for a security guard firm that laid me off in Feb of 2000. This is when I should have migrated to where I am now.

I got hired on to where I am now and that was in Sept 16th 2000 and that’s where I met my lovely wife. The best thing that ever happened to me was marrying her. I officially quit Amway in 2001. In 2002 I got into Freemasonry and took my EA degree, 2003, FC, and 2004 MM. That’s when I had developed cataracts and diabetes.

Anyway, that’s all for now.


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home