Monday, October 16, 2006

I went to
bed about 2:00am and listened to a bit of Coast and went to sleep. I woke up at 5am and did the cbi thing and went to bed but I couldn’t sleep. My wife was coughing keeping me awake so I got up and worked a bit more on AV.

I’m in the process of trying to change the gender of the antagonist because the antagonist sounds too much like an English actor. Or in other words stereotyping. I’m trying to make the villain go from male to female so a lot of changing around she and his. There are a lot of scenes of course where I don’t really need to do that due to the scene pov character. Trouble with AV is there are to many characters. Anyway, back to bed.

Up again some 5 hours later. We got our first snowfall here in the City. Its not much on the ground either. So technically its our first snow of the season. Oct-April. It wont stay on the ground for very long either. If its still here by later this afternoon I’d be surprised. I really don’t mind winter. I like winter actually. I just don’t like sever winter like -20. I like anything -10 to +20, anything in there. The worst part of winter is the wind. But we seldom ever get any big snow these days. I think the worst winter I’ve seen here in all my 28 years here in Edmonton has been 1995. I remember some days we had ice crystals in the middle of the day. -30’s at 1pm. Snow midway to the knee. We’re “lucky “ we get snow up to the ankle that stays. Most winters when I'm out and about since 1999 I’ve been wearing running shoes all winter! Except lodge nights of course. Last winter we got maybe one or two days where the temps have been -18 in the afternoon. Most evenings in the winter are in the -20 range anyway but that’s standard.

Anyway, still working on AV. It’s not going to be as bad as I think. The villain is only in 3-6 stand alone scenes anyway. I’m going to have to rewrite these scenes but there’s two full length novels here. I'm still ready to rewrite the last of NW Most likely this weekend and work on AV. I began AV 2 years ago and the 171k story has been sitting in my files since that time. I don't have it in hard copy yet and it's going to be a few more weeks before I can get some ink for my printer. But I'm also at a crossroads because the printe I'm currently using is crap and I'd rather spend the $100 towards a better printer.

I'm considering getting one of those all in one modles, that can scan and print and maybe do color. But the thing with the all in one printers is the scanning is ususally pretty slow as to a stnd alone scanner. So the reviews of these all in ones tell me. I can get a good laser printer for just under $200 and that's half the cost of an ink cartridge. Color isn't really important to me anyway and scanning is a low priority item. So I guess I made up my mind on printers.

Anyway, that’s all for now

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home