Monday, October 30, 2006

I was in
bed by 1:40amish and listened to the rest of Coast. Good topic. I don’t know if I believe in alien abduction. Though there have been some suggestions that after abductees have been taken above average amounts of dust has been found in their house after the incident. Then I have to ask the question, why would an advanced civilization travel many thousands of light years to spend billions of ET bucks, just to abduct humans? Doesn’t make sense. Sure, I can appreciate an ET society that might want to make contact with earth to figure out how the human body works to be able to live on this planet so they can (ET) do it to, Or maybe they just need the information so they can make physical contact with us.

But there have been hundreds of cases over the many years of abduction. Is it the same alien race doing this or others? If abduction is real, then this is a National Security issue of immense scope and proportions. But the same race of ET’s that have the capacity to travel all these light years and to spend the money to get here must have the technology to perform scans without abducting? Or have the ways and means of finding what their looking for without these crude methods. To travel here these many light years these ET’s would have to be at least a type 2 Kaku civilization. So why employ type 0 (us) methods to gain information about us humans? Doesn’t add up.

Anyway, I was asleep by 3am and I got up at about 6am to do the cbi thing and I went right back to bed and to sleep. I got up at10 am when one of the cats jumped on me but I got 7 hours sleep and I can’t complain about that. Right now I’m enjoying my first coffee and my wife has the day off. I’d like to have the day off as well but I’m going to the lodge Thursday night.

I also added yesterday to my list of blog reading links “Dial B for Blog.” I love comic books and I wish I had more money to spend on them even as a middle aged adult, I still love the art and the stories are pretty good too. But the last time I bought a comic book was many years ago. Most likely in the early 1980’s. It’s not that I’ve outgrown them its just that I couldn’t keep up with the many titles that have flooded the market and other things in my life over the years have put comic books on the back burner. Also the expense has been a concern. I couldn’t keep up with the rising prices back then. A comic book here in Canada today is what,$2.50? I had about 50 titles when I was reading them in my early 30’s. I was spending $62/month back then I believe. Now if I bought 50 titles/month today, That’s about $125/month. That’s (if I had one) a car payment. And that’s not even counting the gst. So today, it’d be mainly the expense of keeping 50 titles going at any one time. Or even 30. Hard to justify picking up the hobby again but I like to keep that link with my comic book past and that’s why I included Dial B for Blog in my list of links.

Yesterday I was able to get another scene in for NW. Scene #50. I’m learning some good stuff about writing fiction in Bickham. He talks about a scene shouldn’t have anymore then 2 Viewpoint Characters (VC) at any given time. I don’t know about that. In some of my scenes I’ve got a lot of people that are in the scene but they’re not doing anything. They’re not involved in the main conflict just along for the ride. For example in one of my scenes I’ve got it where the main VC is behind a billboard sign and the lead character is in huge trouble on the wharf below. She’s the one talking but the main VC is just listening because of the sign, the main VC can’t see what’s going on because the sign is keeping her hidden. Of course that’s her main plan. Until she’s ready to expose herself to the lead character in the next scene. This a speculative fiction story. In the next scene the VC changes and the VC will become the lead character and so on. But there will be other decisions and changes to make when I do the rewriting.

So, that’s about it for now. I want to post this and make my blog rounds as I’ve got about another hour left here before work. See you later.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home