Friday, September 22, 2006

Well, I got
3.5 hours sleep before I woke up around 5:35am. I wanted to get up at 5 to watch Gold Trails’ but I got up a bit to late and watched the rest of the last show and a good ten minutes into that. Lillooet BC. Back in 1860 it boasted it was the largest community West of Chicago behind San Fransisco population wise. The town is still there today and one of the few surviving towns of the gold rush period. I watched that had my insulin and the rest of the cbi thing and went back to bed. I dozed in and out of sleep all morning. I think I heard Anne get up but I’m not sure. I woke up just after noon and the bus pass/cheque were gone off the top of the fridge, so she went and did our banking. Our weekly ritual. I watched a bit of the news and here I am.

It’s been overcast here for over a week now. Dull and gloomy. But I’m having my first coffee trying to wake up here. Eye floaters are bad today, but I’m just a bit blurry eyed this afternoon. Thank God for reading glasses.

Anyway. Still working on NW, I made a major writing mistake in the early go by not watching my scene word count. I can go under 1250 but not over. But that’s why there’s the rewriting process. For a 80K story/64 scenes, I went way over the 1250 word count for many scene. This is all part of the pacing process but like I said, I can trim off the fat in the rewriting process.

More later.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home