Sunday, September 03, 2006

It’s like living under
a track and field course around here since July 1st, those people upstairs are nuts. Natives. Now don’t get me wrong. I like all kinds of people. One’s skin color does not determine weather I like somebody but natives out in this part the country carry a stigma. Because they earned it, perhaps unfairly. Natives (as we call them here in Alberta) don’t last very long at jobs and are mostly found on the street as street people, like in the US, so I’ve heard it said, that the prison population down there is mostly black. Here it’s mostly Native. Now back in 1997 with the Alberta Job Corp, I worked doing some work experience as a jack of all trades person at the Metis Association. These were very nice people and I got along with most of them. My first girlfriend here in Edmonton after Ellen was Kree and I lived with Theresa for two years. But by and large most crime in the City here is Native crime and that’s a shame because they’re nice people. Except for them upstairs.

Anyway I went to bed with a soar neck and that beer helped me to sleep. I laid on this small pillow a certain way and I believed it helped my neck. I still have limited neck movement.

My bsl reading for this hour, 10.0. Very high but it’ll drop down as the day goes on.
Having my first coffee here right now and brunch coming soon. Daniel Boone and more writing.

Right now I’ve got a scratchy throat and a runny nose. I’ve got this annoying eye floater in my left eye, Still dealing from the affects of cataract eye surgery as few years ago. Scoliosis with two metal rods in my spine, my lower back hurts like hell, diabetes where I have to take two injections of 18 units MPH/Toronto (30/70. My teeth are all rotting away. My front teeth have more holes in them then some of my plot threads. But, I’m grateful I live in such a great City like Edmonton. I have a beautiful wife, a lousy job, an internet connection that for the most part is always on. I get a pay cheque every Thursday, I have a roof over my head that my wife and I have been here for six years, I have 4 beautiful kitty-cats, I have a Masonic Lodge I go to once/twice month and even though I’m 55, I got a dream. So with all the above in mind, I’m a lot better off then most people. Lot’s of people at work for instance are jealous of me because I only need to work four hours/day but at the same time, I don’t have a lot of money. I think cash on hand I have some small change in front of Buddha and $100 for my lodge dues which I am really behind on. Stored away in a safe place.









And the lodge dues get paid this week. Thursday. Next week I'll have a bit more money thanks to the stat pay. But as bad as my life is, I wouldn't change a thing. All the money in the world couldn't buy what I have now.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home