Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I was in
bed by 2:00am and listening to Coast. Psychic Vampires. Guest Michelle Belenger. The show wasn’t half bad and the guest wasn’t a “Yes man” just out to sell books. She had some substance. She performed with "death metal" bands in her area and flirts on the edges of the Goth type culture. I listened until about 2:30am and was fast asleep by about 2;40am and I woke up from a sound sleep when Anne came back to bed about 4am. So I got up to watch an hour of “Okanogan PP” Or OPP and then an hour of Gold trails. I did the cbi thing at 5:30am and after the story on “Trout Lake City” I was in bed by 6.

But I couldn’t sleep. I tossed and turned. I was worried about work and taking those two days off but I needed a few days off from any intensive talking to recover from this cold.. So that’s what I’m going to say when I go in this afternoon. Rob and Will, will start yelling at me and I’ll be back on my dialer and tomorrow, everything will be back to normal.

I was going to get up at 8 this morning and head over to Chapters. I wanted to see if they had Holly Lisle’s “Last girl dancing.” I know it’s not sci-fi but I seem to recall when she wrote it and discused the progress of the book’s word count that it ended up at 65k. Yet Amazon lists it at 320 pages like I said earlier.Writing longer works like 100k is hard. Mostly coming up with content. 65k is “easier”

Anyway, I got up this morning around 8am and I got a bit of writing done. 412 words so far today. 57,450 on the story. I hope to get up to at least 58k by the end of the day. I think I’m going to scale this book down to 80k. Besides I hear that publishers like books from new writers to be in the area of 80-100k. I also heard that in the sci-fi area that an 80k story is easier to sell to a publisher then a 100k story. But in the end it doesn’t matter if the book is a 65k “Last girl dancing” or a Neil Asher 560K “Brass man” as long as it's a good story. But until I get something published and sell, I’ll write the light weights. Leave the heavy weight’s to the big kids.

Last night I watched Raw. Pretty good show. On a scale from 1-10, I’d rate this one a 7. Is Cenea going to join DX?

Anyway, that’s all for now.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home