Monday, September 11, 2006

I ended up
with 1,647 words on NW yesterday and I’ll be getting back to NW right off 41,177 on the novel.

So today is the 5th anniversary of 9/11. I was doing mornings when that thing went down riding the #120 into work. It was right on Jasper 101st I think I noticed a crowd gathering on the corner of A-Channel (now City tv) watching the monitors on the street. At that time I didn’t know what was going on as it was about 8:25am our time. It wasn’t until I got into the office I heard from Mark what was happening and even then I didn’t know the details. It wasn’t until the aftetrnoon when the Edmonton Journal brought out a special afternoon edition. Anne was working at the Legion at that time and I’d meet her there afer work and she’d drive us home when she had the car. We went to Smilies for Chinese and got all the details of the event. For the most part it was all rather anti climatic but not for the people that went through it. For the families of the victims and those that lived through that tragedy, the event may as well happened yesterday.

So guess what Coast will be about tonight? 9/11 most likely.

Anyway, that’s all for now.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home