Friday, September 08, 2006

Anyway I
went to bed about 1:30am listening to Coast for awhile and by 2:30am I passed out. I woke up a few hours later to the cat waking me up to be fed to do the cbi thing. I stayed up a bit after that to do some writing. I completed scene 22 and I’m happy with what I got with 633 words on the day so far. Another 377 yet to go for the day plus a little bit. Total word count 37032. I might even close beyond 38k for this afternoon. I went back to bed around 7am. Sleep came harder and I was up a lot to the bathroom but I got some sleep. I had a couple of dreams as well, which is a good sign I’m getting sleep. I might have received maybe 7hrs all in all.

Last night whole taking a break from my writing I came across a curious entry in Gismodo. Seems Google wants to listen in on what’s going on in the background. This way they can custom adds to your computer and or Google tool bar. I passed the link onto Robert J Sawyer see if he’s heard anything about this. If it’s a hoax or the real thing. Google is hoping it can hear your television in the background, so they can hear what kind of advertising is going on. The thing is this advertising is unwanted advertising. Because Super sweeper or whatever is on my TV in commercials of The Rifleman, doesn’t mean I want one just because I like some of Blondie’s music. One way or another. So I don’t know if this is something that Google would like to do but because there are FCC regulations etc, I don’t know. Seems to me this is kind of like an invasion of privacy. I don’t know how they can eavesdrop in the first place. All I can do is just disable the soundcard. It’s going to be interesting to see how this is going to turn out.

It seems space shuttle Atlantis on again off again episodes has reached the 5th installment of this little soap opera. Nasa is hoping for a 6th try for a launch on Saturday. I’m predicting a major disaster with this one folks.

Yikes, oil dropped by $1,09 today bringing the cost down to $66/barrel. I think this also reflected in the unemployment rate here increasing from something like 3% to 4%. The National average is 6%. I believe oil will drop to $55/barrel before it climbs back up again. Alberta claims only 1% of the workforce but is producing 40% of the jobs in Canada right now. I’m watching for an influx of positions at our office to fill up soon.

Anyhow, I’m going in at my regular time and I’ll pick up my cheque and settle into the job thing. Tomorrow I’m going to go out to Chapters and get myself a book or two. Just some stand alone novels. Nothing major.

But that’s all for now.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home