Wednesday, August 02, 2006

I went to bed
about 5:20am after the cbi thing and slept until 9:20am. I got 4 hrs of sleep and dozed off from 9-10am. It was hard to get back after that with the cats coming into bed roaming around.
I’ll get by on that for today.

Lots of stuff going on in the City etc. Heritage days is coming up this weekend. Then there’s the folk festival and at the end of Aug is the Fringe. In Sept the Who concert and then NHL training camp comes around and The Rolling Stones have their concert in Regina.

I’m going to continue to work on the basic scene elements for NW. After NW, comes SO and after that “D“. NW start date is Nov 1st and I should have the rough draft done by the end of the year. I figure I’ll have SO scene sheet ready for June 1st, I want at least 3 stand alone novels in a package in case editors like what I’ve done with NW and want to see more of my work.

So, on my plate today, Work on NW and do my blog rounds and have lunch then go into the job thing with Anne. She’s still asleep btw. The cell phone rang again while I was watching HGWT and The Rifleman. We don’t answer it during the day unless it’s work or family. Usually it’s a 1-800 number and we can call block those.

The space shuttle is ready for lift-off again near the end of this month as Nasa is ready to wind down the shuttle program for 2010, which isn’t that far off. I’m also following Bigelow Aerospace and their Genesis 1 project. Genesis 1 is one of their first inflatable habitats and it seems to be holding up quite well. They eventually want to build orbital hotels and develop space tourism. I’d like to see a massive space station maybe used to help intercept asteroids say out by the Lagrange points or L5. The station might be used as a platform to intercept asteroids and as a stepping stone to the moon etc. Of course it’ll be beyond my lifetime.

Anyway, that’s all for today.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home