Thursday, August 17, 2006

I had myself
a br break last night and I listened to Coast for a bit. And I was asleep by 2:30am this time. I slept until 5:15am and got up to do the cbi thing and then back to bed. I think in the first segment I got 2.5hrs sleep. The 2nd segment, I slept better then before, I got the cat jumping on me and no other disruptions, other then waking up about 10am. So I think I got a total of 8.5hrs. It wasn’t great sleep but I got what I needed.

Wow, hard to believe that this is the 25th Silver anniversary of The Fringe festival. I remember the first Fringe, living at Theresa’s at the time just behind Whyte Ave on 81st Ave and I think 111th St, Something like that. I was on UIC and Theresa was working at a flower shop up over there on the top of 109th st near Gino’s Pizza I believe it’s called. Ellen was about to get married to Charles and I had a journal paper route in the area on the side. This was when the Journal delivered their paper in the afternoon. I have my 1981 diary around here someplace. I’d like to eventually scan it all , online if I can. But when I had the Journal route, it was just up and down 80th Ave between 104th and 109th. I had mostly apartments and a few apartments on 81st Ave as well I recall. The whole route would take me from 3-4pm and I’d come home in time to watch Dark Shadows. I don’t ordinarily participate in the Fringe, it’s just that the Fringe when it first came out, brought back some memories for me, I was 29 about to head into my 30’s and being aware for the first time I was getting older.

So, today, there is no wrestling on TV because WWE decided to change keep everyone on the same page and have Friday night Smackdown, on Friday nights. About time they got it right because it was always on Thursday nights instead.

Beginning next week, I’m going to go Mon-4hrs, Tues-4hrs, Wed-7hrs, Thur-7hrs, Fri-6.5hrs =28.5hrs and I’m going to try and do that next week. This Friday though, I’m going to go in Friday afternoon and Saturday but I want to make it clear that I have Sat off. I don’t want to be called into the office and get a big lecture. Anyhow, I’m going to make my Blog rounds and work on my writing.

That’s all for now.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home