Sunday, July 09, 2006

I had that beer
last night, which was very nice. I was drowsy anyway and when we went to bed around 2:45am and we listened to Coast until 3am and I passed right out. Ian Punnet had this bit about tasty Canadians on the Coast Website. Whatever "Tasty Canadians" means. I have no idea what he's talking about and even the blurb on the Coast website was brief it didn't make any sense to me. I don't think Tasty Canadians was meant as a slur against us Canadians but I'm sure if I look hard enough I'll find the Pun. If I want to. I'm having a sluggish kind of day today. Uggh.

Anyway I slept until I got up about 5:45 this morning to do the cbi thing and stayed up for a bit and worked on scene sheet #11. I really like the Action, Goal, Conflict, disaster format. After that I went back to bed and slept until 11am and went back to sleep until noon and stayed in bed and woke up at 1pm. I had at least 8 hrs of sleep. That felt good but I still feel sluggish.

So today, I'm going to try and finish off the beginning part of NW. Scene sheet wise. I read a great piece on Tams Blog about writing and trying to get it perfect. "The one true way to publication." It's pretty good. I believe there are certain rules to writing like Swain and Bickham, one can't easily dismiss.

What I like about my job especially in the evenings is I can read books as I'm working. In between calls that is. It gives me more reading time and I'll be able to finish a book inOrdinarilyOrdinaraly I'm a slow reader anyway

Speaking of, which I was reading from Elmore Leonard's website and his 10 rules for writing. Some pretty good stuff I might use in my own writing. There is also an interesting piece called Breaking Elmore's rules at Westblog.

Still on the subject of writing, I'd like to give a big hearty Congratulations to Robert J Sawyer for winning the John W. Campbell memorial award. You can read about it here. Way to go Rob.


At the moment the weather is calling for light rain. Well, somewhere in the City it's raining. Not up here in Clairview. And it's +20* and calling for about the same for tonight and more rain. Next week I'll be able to get my batteries for my camera for sure. I have a full week in and my stat pay as well. Oh, seems we are getting a bit of light rain after all.

That's all for now. Uggh.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home