Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I was listening
to Coast last night. Good show talking about the Egyption Pyramids. Richard Hogland was on talking about the Pyramids of Giza Pyramid and it being about 200,000 years old. Of course I’m talking about the 3 main Pyramids or what is called the Giza Necropolis. Most Egyptologists believe the Giza pyramids are approximately 5000 yrs old. But Georges’ guest wasn’t Richard Hoagland but Wayne Herschel. Still it wa a pretty good show for the little I listened to.

I listened to the show with my walkman because Anne didn’t want the big radio on I think I passed out with most of the show still in my headphone. I woke up around 2:45am. I was in bed by 1:30am and I think I listened for 15min, dozing in and out of the show. I turned the radio off at 2:45am and went back to bed and woke up about 5:10am. So I got about 3.5hrs and then slept from 5:30am after I did the cbi thing and went back to bed. I slept right through getting up at 11:40am. So I had agood 8hrs sleep went out to watch a bit of the Rifleman and the news and here I am.

Some nut has got that weed eater outside. They sound like a mortor cycle going. Noisy buggers.

Not much going on today. Anne is still sick but feeling a lot better and will use her vacation pay to help cover her sick days off. I’m going in tonight to face the fall out of missing yesterday. No doubt Will is going to have that stero on and blarring away. If that goes on tonight, then I’ll go back to mornings. I’m up anyway at 6amish or so. But if that stero is on tonight then I’ll be working mornings and if Rob wants to send me home because I’m at $40 bucks on the shift, I’ll be more then happy. I can go out and look for another job, which I’m going to do anyway. Working mornings makes more sense to me anyway.

I was cruising the Space Channel listings last night trying to find when they are going to broadcast ECW but so far nothing. They go up until Fri but they've got some good shows coming up. Of course all the Star Trek shows, Relic hunter, Seaquest DSV, Angle. I never could get into that one nor the Outer Limits ("new series") They also have Stargate Atlantis, which I've never seen yet. Some pretty good programming during the week. But wrestling? I'd be interested in how long the show (ECW) will be on for?

Speaking of wrestling, if I do get the job at Pizza (going in on Thur morning) and I work the 5-midnight shift, which Anne agrees, then I can watch Raw Wednesday morning at 1:30am. This way, I won't miss the show, even though it's not live. Smackdown is on Thursdays and if I get the pizza job I'll work the day shift. This is all tenative of course but we'll see how things go tonight. If the stero is on tonight, I'll be putting mornings in begining tomorrow. I'll be up at 7am do the cbi thing and clean up get ready and I'm out the door by 8am. In the office by 8:30am. Work the shift and this way when I'm out at 1am I can go to the job bank across the street and look at the new job postings and make some phone calls. Set-up appointments. but this year, I'll have a new job and I'll be out the current one.


That's all for now.

e.Jim

Comments:
The show about the Pyramids sounds interesting, I can't imagine something human-built (as opposed to a natural feature like a cliff) lasting for 200,000 years, though...
 
It was a good show and I'm inclined to agree with you about they're age and origin. A lost civilization (Atlantis?) sounds more believible then Et.

Jim
 
Post a Comment



<< Home