Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I slept okay from
3am until 6:45am to do the cbi thing but sleep came hard after that. I think by 7:45am-ish. I was woken uo by a loud bang and running of feet above me, which woke me up. So I got an hour. I laid in bed trying to get back to sleep and Anne nudged me as I was just falling asleep and woke me up. I had to get up to pee anyway and she comes in not thinking I’m there doing my business. So it’s 10:30am or so. I think I slept from about 10:30am to noon. So all in all, I might have got 6hrs sleep. I don’t feel to bad though all things considering.

Last night as the 3 of us were doing hard copy Comedy Fest, Tony was training 5 new recruits and he said almost as if mocking me, that “We start you off at "entry level". That’s what I’m getting now and I’ve been here almost 6 years. John was even peeved off saying how he’s been here 17 years and even running the business room for a few years and he’s only getting $12/hr. Tim Horton’s is starting people off at $12/hr. So if this is the best Rob can give me, then I’m just wasting my time here. I’m not getting any further ahead. I get a $2 donut every Saturday and the chance to do taps and 50 cents as an attendance bonus if I put in all my hours. I think after all the years I’ve put in there I’m worth a bit more then an entery level wage for God sake. If I hadn’t got that raise I’d still be making $7/hr. What the hell is wrong with me? So, that means this Friday morning, I’m going to get off my fat ass and go into Pizza. If they can pay me at least a dollar more then what I'm getting. I’ll take it no questions asked. And I’ll start right away. If I can get on there right before the kids get out of school then fine.

Otherwise, tonight, there’s an Oiler hockey game going on. We still won’t know until game time, who the starting net minder will be. But I’ll be bringing my radio in and listening to the hockey game when the puck drops at 6pm.

Pizza might not be the first place I’ll be asking about either. Advanis is the other. So, it’s a toss up. I like the Pizza hours as it’s evening and I can work if I want to say 5-midnight 7hrs, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur and Fri I work 7hrs but that’s morning/afternoon and No, positively No, Sat or Sun. It’ll be the same thing if I work at Advanis or Pizza.

Last night I was listening to Coast and their 666 night and open lines. One called in saying that the real 666 date already happened and this 6,6,06 isn’t really a true 666 date because of the 0. The caller said how the first 666 date was really the 6th day of the 6th month of the 6th year AD, which occurred 1994 years ago. Makes sense to me. Other then this not much going on. That’s all for now.

Sigh, my internet connection is down again. This is the 2nd time in as many months its been down so I can’t blog this entry. I still got the green light going but nothing is flashing green right now. Looks like I might not get to blog this until tonight.

Then again when I think about it, Xentel isn’t so bad. I mean take tonight for instance I can listen to the hockey game in between calls and Pizza etc might not let me do that. The evening shift is a lot more relaxed even though I have to come in for Sat. The bottom line of course is the hourly rate and the fact I can start fresh and have my weekends off. That’s more important then listening to a hockey game I can’t watch. But also with Pizza I can go to lodge every Thur night and I like that. If I can get 62hrs in a week, at $9 (?) that’s about $520 every two weeks. Anne gets $260 every two weeks and I get $260/every two weeks. I like the sound of that but only if they can pay me $9hr to start. Plus I get my weekends off. Okay so much for X. Go Oilers Go.

This when I got home:
God that was awful tonight. The Oilers lost 5-0. But the Oilers have been down this road before, behind 2-0 and they bounced back. Anyway, I ended up doing $675 baseball Winnipeg and Edmonton taps. My last sale was a $75 tap which I got. There was extra cars on the lrt tonight because of the fans watching the big screen inside Rexall Place. Okay, lets see if Blogger is back online.

Okay, we're good to publish. Lets see if this works.

e.Jim

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home