Saturday, January 21, 2006

uggh. Well, Neil
came by to pick me up and at 9:30am and we headed to lodge. We had a good turn out for an emergent Saturday morning meeting at 10 am. I’ve never seen anything like it in all my 3 years I’ve been there, March 2002. This will be my 4th year coming up.

Anyway some interesting developments. Neil had said how he take on a carrier route and he’s up at 4:30am. He said how he needs the exercise, so he figured why not do both and get a carrier route. Then I asked how if he has to do his own collections? Apparently they don’t do it that way anymore. It is contracted out to another organization called Geco. Apparently he’s getting $600/month. He also, delivers the Jounal and Sun and Financial Post. The thing is Neil is 63 yrs old but he doesn’t know how much longer he’s going to be able to do the job. For $600/morning and for only delivering 110 papers, I should do the job. No more Danny. That is if there is an opening in my area. But the economy the way it is and all today, they probably could use some people too. Thing is, this is every morning. There are some mornings where I’m not feeling well, and I don’t want to do a run. I don’t know, it’s something to think about. Even an extra $400/month for just say going out for an hour every morning.

The meeting went by well enough. We had 5 guys this morning and they had another whack of guys this afternoon. Neil had to duck out for another commitment related to this elsewhere and I thought he would be staying at least for the whole of the 2nd half, so I felt awkward if I left with him so I decided to stick around for at least the rest of the first half and then leave during the break in which case I asked Nathan if he could shuttle me off over to my place in between the break. I did not bring a coat as I thought Neil was going to stick around otherwise I would have just took the bus home. I had cash on me but I was stranded and I hated facing the prospect of me braving the colder weather waiting for that #8 to Rexall Place. Not that it was severe winter at all, it was it would feel that way for me being without a jacket or anything and looking silly in my suit. I decided to pay Nathan $4 for his lunch. He had bought me a few times and this would take him out of his way. He said it wasn’t necessary, but I insisted and as we were pulling out off the lot there was that #8 still who knows how long I would have waited.
I crawled in shortly after noon, tired and drowsy. I took my suit off and climbed into bed waking my wife up whom was half a wake anyway and commented on how fast that was. Then she went out and got me a Subway sand’ I had closed my eye’s for what seemed like a second Talk about fast. I wolfed that down as she had to go out to “Giant Tiger” and I decided to go back to bed and I got 2hrs and I went to the couch with the weather channel on and woke up to that an hour latter. Uggh. So that’s been my day so far.

If this all seems to dry, well, it’s the stuff that goes into my daily diary anyway. I get repetitive, I know. Some stuff of course I leave out like sensitive lodge stuff and extremely personal material. My diary from within the 80’s-90’s is rife with the stuff anyway.
Speaking of which, I’d love to get a cheep scanner so I can scan this stuff in. I’d also like to get one of those fire proof storage chests found at the Army & Navy they used to sell years ago and store the diaries in loose leaf and binder format before I got smart and made the switch over to electronic format.

Anyway, this is a long entry for me so this could be it for now, unless something else happens. Damn that morning delivery job looks good. I should investigate this. I mean I’m up in the morning anyway, even though I’m not outside but in the summer this could be the ideal side job. More later. .


Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home