Monday, December 26, 2005

Anne discovered something rather alarming in the building lst night, just down the hall before the twin fire doors. Burn marks on the carpet and an open wooden patch over damaed drywall. What’s more it looks like someone wanted to a fire because Anne found rolled up newspaper inside the gyprock. An arson attempt in progress? I should have asked Anne if she heard anything when she came out like kids rushing out. It could have been dopers as well wanting to punish someone in the building for not paying up a debt or something like that. This is why, in the new Year, I plan on obtaining fire insurance for this apartment. We already had one fire across from us in 2004, last thing we need is another one here. So it’s kind of scary especially in the wake of the apartment fire that went down a month ago in St. Albert.

Anyway, I took my insulin and it’s time to check on my bsl. Yikes. 10.9. It’s been high all day on Sunday. Well, xmas treats and those rack of ribs I had earlier didn’t help.For almost a week my bsl has been 8 and above. Not good.

Eleven hours later:
I watched The Court Jester with Danny Kay. I haven’t seen it in years and it’s still as clever as the first time I’ve seen it way back when.

Okay, I’ve decided to continue on with Ace Valorous and including book2, Rouge behavior, Underworld. All of which have been written and in the rough draft. Add Lodge brothers and Cross hairs, this will make 6 books, I’ve written within the last 2 years. Well, Ace#1 and #2, Rouge behavior, Underworld counts for 4 books. Upcoming will be Lodge brothers and Cross hairs. I hope to start “Lodge brothers” Feb 1st. At 1,000k/week, not including 2k/week during the weekends, that should be 9k/week or > up to 10k. Lodge brothers will be 80K, so by the end of March 2006, allowing for any off days. I also hope to have Cross hairs the novel start date, April first.100k and the rough draft should be done by June 15th.

As for Ace #1 & #2 and Rouge behavior, or RB, They should take 9 months to complete at three months each. Rti’s take 1 month. Well that’s the plan. I have not forgotten Underworld either. I’m going to finish the first read for that by the end of the week. Also, CH the story. All it needs now is just a proofread, set up some minor formatting changes and it will go out before the end of the year. Put it this way, by this time next year, all 4 books will be done and I will be in position to have the agent search underway.

Anyway, tonight it’s the Oiler game and then wrestling to round out my Christmas weekend. Other then lack of sleep, I had a great Christmas.

At the moment I am still preparing my website, where I plan on posting snippes of my work online for anyone that wants to have a good chuckle or maybe offer advice through polls. It’s here I might solicit bete test readers as well but I don’t know yet.

e. Jim

Comments:
you had a question on blogger forum, fair use issue, here is the answer
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A [17 USC § §106 and 106A], the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include--
http://www.bitlaw.com/source/17usc/107.html
hope it helps
Ralph
 
thanks Ralph

e. Jim
 
Post a Comment



<< Home